Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe with detailed Step by Step Pictures.
Soft baked Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies made from scratch!
Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies – These are perfectly soft and chewy, gorgeously red with creamy chocolate chips. I am huge fan of Red Velvet Cake. This is my first attempt in trying out Red Velvet Cookies and it came out perfect and tasted delicious!
A mild cocoa powder is being used in making these cookies, if we use too much of cocoa powder it depletes the red color and it turns brownish! These cookies would also be delicious without adding the white chocolate chips. Instead, you can also frost them with cream cheese frosting.
There’s a little bit of cocoa powder, flour, egg, milk, vanilla extract, brown sugar and regular granulated white sugar. Typical chocolate chip cookie ingredients. I have added some milk to bring moisture to the dough, as well as more brown sugar than white sugar.
The cookie dough should be refrigerated before baking atleast for an hour. The dough will be very sticky right after mixing. So chill your cookie dough.
The best part is that you have the complete choice of how red you want your cookies. I added about 1/2 tsp of red coloring to my cookie dough. You can adjust according to your preference.
This recipe is very easy to make. Just as our Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe with some added cocoa powder, a bit more of flour. Refrigerate for an hour and then bake, its ready!
I adapted my version of this recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction. I recently made a batch of these cookies for my friends and their kids. They liked a lot. They are very easy to make and tasted delicious!
|Preparation Time||15 Minutes|
|Refrigerating Time||1 Hour|
|Baking Time||11 – 12 Minutes|
|Softened Butter (At Room Temperature)||1/2 Cup (115 grams)|
|All purpose flour/Maida||1 1/2 Cup + 1 Tbsp (198 grams)|
|Cocoa Powder||1/4 Cup (21 grams)|
|Baking Soda||1 tsp|
|Brown Sugar||3/4 Cup (150 gram)|
|Granulated White Sugar||1/4 Cup (50 gram)|
|Vanilla Extract||2 tsp|
|Red food color||1/2 – 1 tsp|
|White Chocolate Chips||1/2 – 1 Cup|
How to make Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe with step by step pictures:
Step – 1
Making the cookie mixture
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt together and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the softened butter and beat until creamy using a whisk. You can use a electric beater to speed up the process. Add the brown sugar and the granulated white sugar until combined and creamy for about a minute.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract. Once mixed, add the food coloring and mix until its combined well.
- Now add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix well using a spatula. Add in more food coloring if you’d like the dough to be more bright red in color. I just added 1/2 tsp to my dough. Add in the milk, white chocolate chips and mix well.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for atleast an hour. Chilling the dough is mandatory.
Step – 2
Rolling the cookies
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Scoop 1 tbsp of dough and roll into a ball. Place the rolled cookie in the baking tray. Make sure to space the cookies in the baking sheet as they will expand when baking.
Step – 3
Baking the cookies
- Bake the cookies for around 11 – 12 minutes (depending on the oven).
- The cookies will have spread slightly. Simply press down on the warm cookies to slightly flatten and form crinkles. Stick a few white chocolate chips into the wam cookies. This step is optional.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let it cool down.
Please do try this recipe and share it with your family and friends! I would love to hear what you think if you try this recipe. Just post a comment in the recipe below. Tag me on Instagram @sweetkaaramcoffee if you make this, or any of my other recipes, I’ll re-share on my stories.
- Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week. You can make the cookie dough and chill it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and bake it later.
- Room temperature egg is preferred. To bring egg to room temperature quickly, simply place in a cup of warm water for 5 minutes. I usually set out my egg when I set out my butter to soften.
- You should keep the cookies in an airtight container.