Iced Tea Popsicles|Black Tea Popsicles Recipe with detailed Step by Step Pictures.
Iced Tea Popsicles are the perfect treat to make it through the summer. When you are craving something cold and sweet, tea popsicles are the best one which certainly rise to the occasion. You can make them with absolutely any kind of tea. With so many options and so much versatility, tea popsicles are sure to be a cool summer treat. Iced Tea Popsicles are sweet and its little tangy, with some lemon in it. This can be prepared with just 4 Ingredients which is available at home all time.
Iced Tea Popsicles are made from cold iced tea. When it comes to summer, whether you are an adult or children popsicles are at the top of the list. While many colorful popsicles are made from fruits and fruit juices, I just thought of experimenting with some tea and it turned out delicious and delightful. These are really very easy to make and feels so cool on a hot summer day.
MAKE DELICIOUS POPSICLES WITH SOME TEA!
A REFRESHING SNACK/DESSERT FOR THIS SUMMER!
Important things to remember:
- To make these delicious Iced tea popsicles, you should double the amount of tea powder you would normally use because when the tea freezes, it tends to lose a bit of flavor. When you double the tea powder it makes the tea strong enough to let the tasty flavors come through.
- When it comes to frozen treats, they need to be sweet. So you need to add more sugar or you can substitute with honey too. I have used light brown sugar to make these popsicles.
- The freezing process dulls the flavor a bit, so the additional sugar/honey is really important.
|Preparation Time :|
For Soaking the Tea Powder
|Freezing Time||6 – 8 Hours|
|Tea Powder /Tea Bags (Tear tea bags open)||4 – 5 tbsp|
|Cold Water||2 Cups|
|Sugar||5 tbsp/To taste|
|Juice of 1/2 Lemon|
How to make Iced Tea Popsicles Recipe with Step by Step Pictures:
- In a cup or a bowl, add tea powder (Any brand/herbal tea/tea bags, which can be opened and the powder can be used) to the cold water, stir in well and let it soak for 6 – 8 hours/overnight.
- After 6 – 8 hours or next day strain the tea, discarding the solids. Add in the sugar and stir well until dissolved.
- Now add and stir in the lemon juice. Taste and adjust with lemon and sugar to suit your tastes, keeping in mind that both flavors will be less apparent when frozen.
- Pour the tea into your popsicle molds and insert the sticks into it. If you don’t have molds you can use paper cups or tumblers. The popsicles should be kept in the freezer until frozen solid for 6 – 8 hours or overnight.
- To release the popsicles from the molds, run the molds under warm water for 30 seconds.
Please do try this recipe and share it with your family and friends! I would love to hear what you think if you try this recipe. Just post a comment in the recipe below. Tag me on Instagram @sweetkaaramcoffee if you make this, or any of my other recipes, I’ll re-share on my stories.
- You can substitute with 3 – 4 tbsp of honey instead of sugar. I have used light brown sugar. You can also use white sugar.
- You can use any brand of tea powder of your choice.
- Adjust both lemon and sugar to suit your tastes, keeping in mind that both flavors will be less apparent when frozen.