Mango Ice Cream Recipe with detailed Step by Step Pictures This mango ice cream is very creamy and tastes delicious! This easy ice cream recipe requires only 4 ingredients. Every year during summer I explore different varieties of mangoes. Being in US, we do not get a lot of options. But then its mango we are talking about and its supposed to be tasty, no matter what variety. You can even use frozen mangoes to prepare this recipe. I have used fresh mangoes.
I have been exploring on different desserts I could do with mango and have been experimenting in my kitchen. After making Creamy Mango Popsicles, this weekend i tried making mango ice cream. The actual preparation takes very less time. I haven’t used fresh cream, condensed milk, egg for making this ice cream I have used whole milk (full fat milk). The results were amazing.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Freezing Time: 2 – 3 Hours + 5 – 7 Hours
Serving Size: 4 People
|Milk (Full Fat Milk)||2 Cups + 1/4 Cup|
How to make Mango Ice Cream with Step by Step Pictures:
- In a small bowl, add 2 tbsp of corn flour with 1/4 cup of milk and whisk it well without any lumps. Set it aside.
- In a thick bottomed pan, bring milk to boil. Keep stirring continuously on a medium flame to avoid burning at the bottom. Add sugar to the milk and mix well until dissolved.
- Now add the cornflour mixture to the boiling milk and stir it continuously on a low heat. The milk mixture will turn thick in 2 – 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Add the milk mixture into the blender and just pulse it once and then add in the mango pieces with that and blend it to a smooth paste.
- Pour this mixture in a freezer proof container and cover it with a cling wrap,then set it in the freezer.
- After 2 – 3 hours, remove the half frozen ice cream from the freezer and blend it smoothly in a mixer. Put it back into the freezer and let set for 5 – 7 hours. You can repeat this step twice if you wish, we do this to make the ice cream more creamy and to avoid the formation of ice crystals.
- For removing it, use an ice cream scooper dipped in water at room temperature. Serve it immediately with some chopped nuts, tutti-frutti or chocolate chips on top.
Please do try this recipe and share it with your family and friends! I would love to hear what you think if you try this recipe. Just post a comment in the recipe below. Tag me on Instagram @sweetkaaramcoffee if you make this, or any of my other recipes, I’ll re-share on my stories.
- Sugar levels can be adjusted as per your taste.
- Make sure there are no lumps after adding the corn flour mixture to the hot milk.
- The most important step for creamy ice cream is to blend the half frozen ice cream one more time in the blender, if you wish you may repeat this step twice. This will avoid the formation of water crystals.
- The ice cream tastes creamy because of the cornflour, so do not skip that.