Paneer Tikka is a popular and delicious starter or appetizer where paneer (Indian cottage cheese cubes), onion and bell peppers are marinated in a spiced yogurt-based marinade, arranged on skewers and cooked in the oven or on the stovetop. I have added besan to the curd and spice mix so that gravy becomes thicker and sticky and easily sticks to veggies and paneer cubes.
Make restaurant style Paneer Tikka at home with this easy recipe! It’s served with cilantro mint chutney, onion slices and lemon wedges.
A grill pan will work best but if you don’t have that a simple pan or tawa will also work.
I have added Step by Step Pictures for this recipe. Let’s get started.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Servings: 3 Skewers
|Paneer/ Cottage Cheese||10 – 13 Cubes|
|Capsicum (Red or Green)||1/2 (Cubed)|
|Thick Yogurt/Curd||1/2 cup|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Kashmiri Red chilli Powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tsp|
|Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)||1/2 tsp|
|Roasted Besan Flour||2 tsp|
|Ginger Garlic paste||1 tsp|
|Chaat Masala Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Lemon Juice||2 tsp|
- Dry roast the Besan flour until you get a nice aroma.
- In a mixing bowl add in the thick curd / yogurt, then add in all the spices, oil, ginger garlic paste along with salt and mix till all the spices are combined well with the yogurt/ curd.
- Add in the roasted gram flour with the spice mixture and combine well.
- Now add the paneer cubes, onion petals and cubed capsicum (Red /Green).
- Mix gently till all the paneer and the onions & capsicum are coated well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of marination, insert the onions, capsicum and paneer into wooden skewers.
- Roast it on a hot cast iron pan/tawa or grill in oven. Spray the pan with oil. Then place the skewers in the pan.
- Cook both sides until it’s golden brown in color. It will take around 8 – 10 minutes. Keep rotating the skewers to be cooked evenly on all sides.
- Brush with some oil when it is cooking.
- Now it is completely cooked and the paneer tikka is ready to be served with cilantro mint chutney, or yogurt dip. Remember to serve the tikka with a sprinkle of chaat masala. It gives you the best taste.
Please do try this recipe and share it with your family and friends! I would love to hear what you think if you try this recipe. Just post a comment in the recipe below. Tag me on Instagram @sweetkaaramcoffee if you make this, or any of my other recipes, I’ll re-share on my stories.