These super soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies are the most delicious cookie. When we use brown sugar, white sugar and butter we get the perfect, chewiest chocolate chip cookie texture. Big chocolate chips adds chocolate in every single bite. The flavor and texture of this cookie is unparalleled by any other recipe. This is the best chocolate chip cookie ever!
The addition of cornstarch which holds in moisture gives a soft centered cookie. The most important part to get a perfect classic cookies is to chill the cookies before baking. This ensures they all bake at the same size and don’t spread too much while baking.
I have added Step by Step Pictures for this recipe. Let’s get started.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Refrigerating Time: 1 Hour
Yields: 20 Cookies
|Unsalted Butter (At Room Temperature)||1/2 cup (115 grams)|
|Light Brown Sugar||1/2 cup (100 grams)|
|Granulated White Sugar||1/2 cup (100 grams)|
|Large Egg (At Room Temperature)||1|
|Vanilla Extract||1 tsp|
|All purpose flour/Maida||1 1/4 cup (185 grams)|
|Baking Soda||1/2 tsp|
|Chocolate Chips||1 cup|
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter with the brown sugar and granulated white sugar together well with a electric beater or by normal whisk or using a spatula. Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract.
- Then sift the flour with the cornstarch, baking soda and salt with the butter mixture and combine well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon or a small ice cream scoop, scoop spoonful of dough (about 1 Tbsp) shape them into a ball and place onto a parchment lined baking tray or a baking plate. Chill the scooped cookies for at least an hour or once chilled, the cookies can be frozen for baking later.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degree Fahrenheit. Arrange the chilled scooped cookies onto parchment lined baking trays, leaving 3 inches between the cookies. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until browned around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and cool the cookies on the baking tray.
- Yummy and delicious, classic chocolate chip cookies are Ready to Serve.
- Cookies stay fresh covered in a air tight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Please do try this recipe and share it with your family and friends! I would love to hear what you think if you try this recipe. Just post a comment in the recipe below. Tag me on Instagram @sweetkaaramcoffee if you make this, or any of my other recipes, I’ll re-share on my stories.