Hariyali Chicken Tikka is a classic North Indian starter/Appetizer. This non-vegetarian recipe is prepared with juicy boneless chicken thighs, marinated in the blended mixture of mint leaves, coriander leaves, curd along with a melange of flavorsome spices. Chicken legs may also be used, or a combination of legs and breasts. Easy to prepare at home, this appetizer recipe would be loved by everyone in your house. Try making this scrumptious appetizer over the weekend and enjoy with your friends or family members.
This recipe is cooked in the oven, but will work well on the grill and even on the stove-top using a cast iron pan. I have used the Barbecue Grill to make this recipe, which gives you the best flavor and tastes delicious. Serve it hot with mint chutney, yogurt dip or any dip of your choice. You can also serve it with Naan, corn or onion rings. I have added Step by Step Pictures for this recipe. Let’s get started.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Resting Time: 4 – 5 Hours
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Serving Size: 3 People
|Boneless Chicken||500 grams|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Chilli Powder||1 tsp|
|Cumin Powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Hung curd*||3 tsp|
|Butter/Ghee||2 – 3 tbsp|
|Ginger||2 inch piece|
|Green Chilli||3 – 4|
|Coriander Leaves||A Handful|
|Mint Leaves||A Handful|
- Take all the required ingredients for preparing the Hariyali Chicken Tikka.
- In a mixer jar add garlic, ginger, green chilies, mint leaves, coriander leaves, little water and grind to a smooth paste.
- Take a Large mixing bowl, add the grinded/blended paste, then add turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, salt to taste, lemon juice, hung curd and mix it together using a whisk.
- Add the boneless chicken pieces into the masala, mix and coat all the chicken pieces with the masala.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 – 5 hours. The more time you marinate, the chicken will get coated well with the masala.
- After 5 hours, Skewer the marinated chicken pieces.
- Now transfer the skewers to the grill.
- Grill it for 8 minutes on each sides. After 8 minutes, brush it with butter/ghee. Turn it over and grill it for an another 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Mouth watering Hariyali Chicken Tikka is ready to serve, you can serve hot with mint chutney, yogurt dip or any other dip of your choice.
Please do try this recipe and share it with your family and friends! I would love to hear what you think if you try this recipe. Just post a comment in the recipe below. Tag me on Instagram @sweetkaaramcoffee if you make this, or any of my other recipes, I’ll re-share on my stories.