Vegetable Korma is an Indian curry dish, usually mildly spiced with a rich, creamy sauce. This delectable Indian Vegetable Korma is loaded of vegetables like potatoes, carrots, peas, cauliflower, bell peppers and green beans. The key ingredients to make a flavorful vegetable korma are the tempering spices like bay leaf, fennel seeds, cloves and cinnamon.
These spices and the coconut paste bring in a wonderful aroma. This vegan version gets it’s creaminess and richness from blended cashews, grated coconut and coconut milk. This korma is a comfort food at it’s finest! Nothing beats a warm bowl of rich curried vegetables, especially with a piece of chapathi, Naan, Parotta, Poori, Pulao and Plain Basmati rice. I have added Step by Step Pictures for this recipe. Let’s get started.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Serving Size: 4 – 5 People
|Cooking Oil||1 tbsp|
|Fennel Seeds||1 tsp|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 tsp|
|Tomato||1 (If Big)|
2 (If small)
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Chilli Powder||1 1/2 tsp|
|Garam Masala Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Peas (Fresh/Frozen)||1/4 Cup|
|Green Beans (Chopped)||1/4 cup|
|Thick Coconut Milk||1 Cup|
|Kasoori Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)||1 tsp|
|Coriander Leaves||For Garnishing|
|Grated Coconut||1/2 Cup|
|Cashew Nuts (Soaked in water for 15 minutes)||10 -15|
- Take all the ingredients to prepare the recipe. Finely chop the onions, tomatoes and all other veggies, Slit the green chillies and set it aside.
- Soak the cashew nuts for 15 mins in water.
- Add grated coconut into a mixer jar with the soaked cahew nuts and blend it into a smooth paste.
- Heat up a pressure cooker and add some cooking oil. Add the bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, fennel seeds, slit green chillies and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add the onions and saute until it becomes transparent and pink in color.
- Now add in the ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes off.
- Now add the tomatoes and saute until it becomes mushy and soft.
- Next add the veggies into it and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt to taste and combine well with the veggies for about 3 minutes.
- Now add the coconut & cashew paste with little water, mix and combine well and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- After the pressure is released, heat a wide pan and transfer the curry from the pressure cooker.
- Now add garam masala and some crushed kasoori methi leaves and and stir well.
- Now add the thick coconut milk into the korma and stir well. Adjust the salt according to your taste.
- Mix and combine well and let it cook for about 5 minutes in a medium heat.
- Now the flavorful and delicious Vegetable Korma is ready to serve. Turn off the stove and garnish with some chopped coriander leaves.
- Vegetable Korma is Ready to Serve. You can serve with Chapathi, Naan, Roti, Parotta, Poori, Pulao and Plain Basmati rice.
Please do try this recipe and share it with your family and friends! I would love to hear what you think if you try this recipe. Just post a comment in the recipe below. Tag me on Instagram @sweetkaaramcoffee if you make this, or any of my other recipes, I’ll re-share on my stories.