Chicken Buns are baked buns with chicken filling inside, which are very delicious, crispy outside soft and fluffy in the middle, it tastes so good. This is perfect to put in your kids lunch box or it will make a great after school snack. These stuffed buns have a light and airy texture and are perfect homemade snacks for kids. The filling is absolutely versatile. You can go the vegetarian way by using paneer, cheese or mixed vegetables. I have posted this recipe with step by step pictures. Let’s get started.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Resting Time: 1 – 2 hours
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Yields: 5 Buns
|All purpose flour/Maida||3 cups|
|Sugar||1 1/2 tsp|
|Instant Yeast||2 tsp (You can also use dry yeast, |
if you use that activate dry yeast
with 1/4 cup of lukewarm water
and 1 tsp of sugar, mix and leave
it room temperature until yeast activates)
|Lukewarm Milk||1/2 cup|
|Water||1/2 cup + 2 tbsp|
|Chicken Keema/Minced Chicken||400 grams|
|Onion (Finely Chopped)||1|
|Ginger Garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|Black pepper powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1 – 2 tsp|
|All purpose flour/Maida||1 tbsp|
|Melted Butter for Brushing the Buns||1 tbsp|
|Egg wash for brushing the buns||1|
|Extra flour for dusting the dough||2 tbsp|
- Take all the ingredients which are needed for preparing the dough.
- In a mixing bowl add the flour, instant yeast, sugar, salt and egg. Give it a quick mix of these ingredients to combine together. Now add the lukewarm milk and start mixing until it forms a dough. Then add 1 egg and give it a mix. Add water and knead the dough.
- Add some oil and knead the dough.
- Transfer to a work area and knead the dough for at least 10-15 minutes to make it more softer.
- Now apply some oil on the dough, cover and rest it for about 1 – 2 hours or until it rises/doubles the size.
- Take all the ingredients which are needed for chicken stuffing.(Refer the ingredients list for exact measurements)
- Heat a pan, add oil/butter now add the Chicken Keema/Minced chicken and saute for 5 minutes. Add ginger garlic paste, garam masala, salt and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the onions to the chicken and saute for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of all purpose flour/maida to the chicken and 1/4 cup of milk and saute the chicken.
- Cook the chicken for about 15 minutes or until it is done.
- Chicken stuffing is ready.
- Now take the rised dough and punch down the dough lightly using your palm, dust some flour and divide them into 5 equal balls.
- Flatten them into small discs and fill them with 1 tbsp of the filling. Re-shape them into a ball.
- Take a baking pan and place a parchment paper/butter paper and arrange the buns.
- Now repeat the process for the remaining balls and cover it, let it sit for another 15 – 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Apply the egg wash on top of the buns.
- Now bake it for about 20 – 25 minutes. (It took exactly 25 minutes for me) . It varies according to the oven temperatures.
- Remove it from the oven after it is done and brush with some butter. Transfer the buns to a wire rack.
- The Yummy Chicken Buns are Ready to Serve.
Please do try this recipe and share it with your family and friends. Share your feedback and comments.