Egg Frittata is a Italian dish, similar to an omelette, enriched with additional ingredients. The perfect frittata is filled with full of fresh veggies and some meat. It is not dry, spongy or bland. It has so much of flavors and tastes delicious. Frittatas are the ultimate and easy breakfast or a weeknight dinner or a weekend brunch recipe. They are very easy to make. In my recipe , you’ll learn how to make frittatas using the stove-top to oven method. I have added some notes at the end on how you can make it on stove-top too without using oven. I have added step by step pictures of this recipe, Let’s get started.
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serving Size : 3 people
|Boiled Peas||1/4 cup|
|Chicken Sausage||2-3 ( 100 grams)|
|Salt to taste|
- You can use any vegetables/meat of your choice.
- You can also make it without meat.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop the vegetables and meat and set it aside.
- Crack the eggs into a medium mixing bowl. Beat the eggs vigorously to incorporate air than normal omelettes to allow deeper filling and make it more soft and fluffy.
- Heat the butter on a Pan/ Cast Iron Skillet which is oven safe. Add the chopped vegetables and meat. Let it cook for few minutes, keep stirring occasionally. Season it with some salt and pepper.
- Now pour the mixture of the cooked veggies and meat into the whisked/beaten eggs. Mix it well, to combine and distribute evenly across the pan.
- Heat the pan on the stove top. Pour the mixture across the pan and let it cook for 3- 5 minutes on a medium heat. Once the outside edge of the frittata turns lighter in color. Carefully transfer the pan with the frittata into the pre-heated oven.
- Bake for 5 – 7 minutes (Keep an eye on it), until the eggs are puffed and appear cooked, and the center of the frittata jiggles just a bit when you give it a gentle shimmy. Remove it from the oven.
- Slice with a sharp knife or a pizza cutter and serve.