Almond flour chocolate chip cookies are entirely gluten free, and easily made paleo, too! These small batch chocolate chip cookies made with almond flour and almond butter are so good. No one will know they’re not regular cookies! Almond flour is chewy, high in protein and just downright delicious. A lot of gluten free flours are sad substitutes for the real thing, but in my opinion, almond flour deserves a special place.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Baking time : 10 – 12 minutes
Yields : 12 cookies
|Almond Flour||1 1/4 cups (156 grams)|
|Baking powder||3/4 tsp|
|Baking soda||1/4 tsp|
|Unsalted butter, Softened||4 tbsp (2 ounces)|
|Almond butter||1/3 cup|
|Brown sugar||3/4 cup|
|Vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|Chocolate chips||3/4 cup|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and line cookie sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the softened butter and almond butter, and beat until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the brown sugar and beat for another 2 minutes to combine.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the butter mixture, and beat just to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet and stir to combine everything; finally, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion out 12 dough scoops onto the baking sheets.
- Bake it for about 10-12 minutes. The cookies are done when the edges start to turn golden brown. As they cool, they will deflate.
- Let cookies cool for 1-2 minutes on the cookie sheet before moving them to cooling rack. Enjoy immediately, or keep covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
*I’m referring to almond flour, not almond meal or simply ground almonds. Almond flour is finely ground blanched almonds and has a pale yellow color. Look for it in the gluten-free baking section of your store or its available online.