Pesarattu, an Instant Dosa prepared with protein rich green moong dal which is even more healthier and easier to prepare compared with regular Dosa since batter prepared by grinding the water soaked moong beans which doesn’t require any fermentation. This deliciously crispy Dosa is one of the best recipes of Andhra cuisine and is generally served with any type of chutneys like coconut chutney, tomato chutney or peanut chutney.
Preparation Time: 5 hours
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 7 Dosas
|Green Moong Dal||1 cup|
|Rice flour||2 tbsp|
|Onion||1/2 (finely chopped)|
|Coriander leaves (finely chopped)|
|Salt to taste|
- Wash whole moong dal in running water and soak them in 1 1/2 cups of water for around 4 – 5 hours.
- Drain excess water from soaked whole Moong beans. Transfer them into mixer grinder jar, and add the required salt.
- Grind all ingredients together until semi-thick and little coarse texture (like dosa batter). Add water as needed while grinding to get the desired texture. Amount of water required depends on the quantity of moong beans, so add it little by little and as needed to get the desired texture. make sure that batter is not very thin. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of rice flour to the batter. Whisk and combine well. There shouldn’t be any lumps in the batter.
- Add some finely chopped onions and finely coriander leaves into the batter.
- Heat a dosa tawa (iron dosa tawa preferable) over medium flame. Pour laddle full batter in the center of tawa and quickly spread it into thin circle by rotating back-side of the ladle in spiral motion.
- Drizzle 1 tsp oil/ghee around the edge and cook for 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 minutes or until the bottom surface turns light golden brown and crisp and top surface looks cooked.
- Slowly flip it over another side and cook for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Transfer it to a serving plate. Repeat the process for remaining batter. Hot pesarattu is now ready to serve.
Please do try this recipe and share it with your family and friends! I would love to hear what you think if you try this recipe. Just post a comment in the recipe below. Tag me on Instagram @sweetkaaramcoffee if you make this, or any of my other recipes, I’ll re-share on my stories.