Chettinad Kuzhi Paniyaram is a breakfast/snack Recipe from south part of India , which is also called as paddu, appe. This dish is made with few ingredients. This healthy dish is rich in carbohydrates and Protein and also tastes excellent. Loved by all ages and one of my all time favorite.
This dish tastes good with coconut chutney / Peanut chutney.
Preparation Time : 2 -3 hours
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
Serving Size : 4 people
|Idli Rice||1 cup|
|Raw Rice||1 cup|
|Urad Dal||1/4 cup|
|Fenugreek Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Salt to taste|
|Mustard seeds||1/4 tsp|
|Urud Dal||1/4 tsp|
|Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)||2 tbsp|
- Wash and Soak the rice, dal and fenugreek seeds for about 2 – 4 hours.
- Grind it into a soft batter in a grinder (preferable) / blender.
- Allow the batter to ferment for about 8 hrs.
- Heat a Kadai add some oil to it & add the mustard seeds, urud dal, chopped onion, chopped Green chillies, coriander leaves and saute for about 5 mins.
- Add these into the fermented batter with some salt and some water to adjust consistency.
- Heat Appe pan brush with some oil/ghee then pour the batter.
- Cover the pan with lid and let it cook for 2-3 mints and flip it to cook the other side.
- Yummy Paniyaram is ready to serve.